Cultural Events : PIERIA PREFECTURE
CULTURAL, RELIGIOUS AND ATHLETIC EVENTS IN OLYMPUS AREA
MUNICIPALITY OF EAST OLYMPUS
- Events for the carnival and Clean Monday in all the regions of the Municipality (Leptokarya, Platamonas, Skotina, Poroi, Panteleimonas).
- Epiphany on January 6 on Leptokarya beach.
- Naval Week in Platamonas port in the summer every 2 years.
- May Sardine feast in Platamonas.
- Religious feasts (The Holy Trinity (Agia Triada), Leptokarya, Zoodochos Pigi, P. Poroi, the Virgin Mary (Panagia), Palia Skotina, Agios Panteleimonas and Palaios Panteleimonas).
- Olympus Festival every summer in Platamonas castle.
MUNICIPALITY OF LITOCHORO
- Litochoro, Sichna, parading of the cross and banners, for the feast of the Epiphany (6 January) and burning of the cedar tree in the carnival.
- Parade of the epitaph in the centre of the historical city on Holy Friday.
- Naval Week, Naval Museum, end of June early July every two years.
- Cultural summer, Municipality of Litochoro, July and August.
- Feast of the elevation of the cross at the old monastery of Agios Dionysios on Mount Olympus, September 14.
- Olympus Hiking Marathon, first weekend in September.
- Dirt track race in Xirokambi.
- Moto-cross races in Xirokambi.
- Olympic Marathon, end of June
MUNICIPALITY OF DION
- Events in Palia Vrontou on the third day of Easter
- Traditional gathering in Dion on the Sunday of the Carnival (Meat Sunday).
- Vrontou Carnival.
- Olympus Festival, Ancient theatre of Dion, every summer.
- Koulouma, -outing in celebration of nature- at Agios Vasileios Church in Karitsa, Clean Monday.
- River party on Mount Olympus, Agia Triada Stream, June.
- Musical nights under the full moon, Dion Archaeological site, August full moon.
- Farmers celebration, exhibition of agricultural produce, speeches, folk events, September.
MUNICIPALITY OF PETRA
- Lagatzari custom in the regions of Agios Dimitrios and Agia Fotini, January 1.
- Koulouma in Karya on Clean Monday.
- Patria, religious and folk events, theatre performances, in Rachi, October.
- Lighting the rocket, Moschochori, third day of Easter.
- Feast for the Presentation of the Virgin Mary on November 21 in Lofos. The feast takes place in the forest in the old village of Palioziaziako with bean soup.
- The celebration of Tsipouro in November in Mesaia Milia with traditional events and free local tsipouro.
- Cultural events by the Educational and Cultural Association of Kato Milia, Lazaioi, April.